GGC-Québec Council offers one scholarship of $1,000 for a complete year of post-secondary education. This yearly scholarship is awarded to a versatile individual who is a registered Québec Member of Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada. Its objective is to encourage further education/training at a recognized post-secondary Québec institution such as CEGEP, technical/vocational school or university.
Who can apply?
Any registered Québec Member of Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada who is entering or pursuing post-secondary education (in any field of study) on a full-time basis. Former Guiders are not eligible to apply. This scholarship is based on your active Guiding and community involvement.
Application deadline: June 1 of each year
Completed applications returned by fax or by email will not be considered.
> Application form
- Application for this scholarship submitted on or before the first of June is conditional on acceptance as a full-time student at a Québec CEGEP, technical/vocational school or university. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the recipient as soon as GGC-Québec Council has received proof that the recipient is, in fact, a full-time student attending the Québec institution indicated on her application.
- Completed applications must be received at the GGC-Québec Council Office by the first day of June. (Please allow sufficient time for the application to arrive by that date.)
- A person cannot receive both a Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada Scholarship and a GGC-Québec Council Scholarship in the same year. Recipients of either the GGC-Québec Council Scholarship or the previously-offered Fondation Marc Bourgie Scholarship may not apply again. Registered Members who previously applied but did not receive a scholarship are encouraged to re-apply.
- The recipient is to continue her active involvement in Québec Guiding for a minimum of one year after receipt of the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient’s name will be published in the provincial newsletter.
- The scholarship recipient will be invited to sit on the following year’s Scholarship Selection Committee – this is not mandatory.
Candidates will be evaluated in six categories for a total of 60 points as follows:
- Guiding History (state all accomplishments) …… 5
- What role has Guiding played in your life? …… 12
- Service/volunteer involvement (inside and outside Guiding) including employment positions held …… 15
- Additional interests and activities outside Guiding …… 7
- Two letters of recommendation – one from a Member of Guiding, one from outside Guiding …… 16
- Marks …… 5
Congratulations to Kaitlin Winter and Lara Munro, the two recipients of the GGC QC Scholarships for 2016!
Kaitlin is continuing her studies at McGill University and pursing her Masters in Science (Microbiology and Immunology). She is a newly appointed District Commissioner for Monklands District, and continues as a Pathfinder Guider and a Provincial Safe Guide Assessor.
Lara is studying at l’Université de Montréal in pursuit of her Masters in Science (Geography). Lara is a Guide Guider in Milton Park and previously worked at Camp Wa-Thik-Ane.
Learn more about National Sponsorships
offered to both girl and adult members.