Chief Executive Officer - Retirement from GGC
On behalf of the Board of Directors, it is with mixed feelings that I announce that Deborah Del Duca will be retiring from her role as Chief Executive Officer at Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC). Since 2001 Deborah has strategically collaborated with the Board bringing professionalism, governance rigour, innovations and sound solutions. She has led the National Office staff to fulfill a wide range of work through an ever-increasing number of initiatives and services for our members.
Deborah is GGC’s longest serving CEO, working with six Chief Commissioners. Her extensive work with and for GGC includes many notable achievements and collaborations. They include:
- new, and again revised, current governance model
- new cookie supplier: negotiation of Dare Foods contracts, and the re-development of our current cookie business.
- development and execution of multiple strategic plans
- Girl Greatness Awards
- programming research and audit, resulting in current-day Girls First
- successful 2015 National conference
- continuous WAGGGS relations, including spearheading the inaugural "Springboard" meeting of selected member organizations
- current day Mission, Promise and Inclusivity statement
- revisions to GGC Act of Incorporation
- spokesperson and champion of GGC at numerous public national and international events and conferences
We thank Deborah for her dedication, commitment, loyalty and excellent service to GGC. We will miss her energy, continuous recommendations for change and improvements, and her wisdom and stamina for managing many tough issues. Although we are sad to see her go, we are pleased for her as she initiates the next stage of her life.
Deborah will remain with us until the early summer, as the Board of Directors commences our search for a new CEO.
Chair, Board of Directors
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada