Costs & Fundraising
- You will receive a financial subsidy of 50% of the total cost from GGC including domestic and international airfare, accommodation, booking and program fees, tours and transfers, and medical and travel insurance.
- You will be financially responsible to pay for the remaining 50% of the trip cost prior to trip departure.
- You are encouraged to fundraise up to 40% of the total trip costs (i.e. 80% of the half that you are responsible for).
- Girls selected for NST are strongly encouraged to order cookies for their fundraising. Please contact your local Commissioner or information on fundraising or cookie availability.
- For example: If the total trip cost is $4,000, you are responsible to pay for $2,000. Of this $2,000, you can fundraise up to $1,600 and are expected to pay $400 out of pocket.
- You may be eligible for travel grants from your Province, Area, District and Unit, etc. It is recommended that you contact your local Commissioner to inquire about this potential funding.
- Please refer to GGC’s Fundraising Procedures and Guidelines for information on how to fundraise for trips.
- You will also be responsible for incidental costs over and above the listed trip expenses, such as passport fees, travel to and from your local airport, personal spending money, tips, select meals, etc. Incidental costs cannot be covered through fundraising.
- If you need to cancel for any reason other than illness or a family emergency, you will be responsible for covering any fees/charges incurred by GGC.
If you need to cancel for any reason other than illness or a family emergency, you will be responsible for covering any fees/charges incurred by GGC. GGC reserves the right to cancel and/or reschedule trips as required. Also note that participation in this event by GGC members is dependent on acceptable health and safety conditions in the country at the time of the event. If a trip is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, GGC will not accept responsibility for expenses incurred in preparation for this event.