Canadian Guider magazine is looking for a creative and enthusiastic adult member to join our Editorial Committee. You’ll be part of the team that helps develop the stories and content ideas for each issue of the magazine. This is a unique opportunity to combine your creativity, interest in content development and storytelling and passion for supporting volunteers and Rangers, all while working on a highly-valued resource for members.
As a member of the Canadian Guider magazine Editorial Committee, you’ll be doing things like:
- Working with the other members of the Editorial Committee (GGC adult members, Ranger and staff) to come up with story and content ideas for each issue of Canadian Guider
- Pitching the kinds of story ideas that Rangers and Guiders will want to read
- Helping create content ideas that:
- Provide practical ideas and tips for girl-driven programming and the kind of activities girls want to do
- Showcase the ways that Guiding makes a positive impact on girls and women
- Address issues relevant to Rangers and Guiders and their involvement in Guiding
- Support members in making the most of their Guiding experience
- Making sure the magazine truly reflects the interests and concerns of girls and women in Guiding
- Ensuring the magazine reflects a diverse range of voices and experiences within Canadian Guiding
- Have the opportunity on occasion to write articles
Who would make a great adult member on the Canadian Guider team? Someone who:
- Has a ton of initiative, creativity, open-mindedness and enthusiasm
- Loves to brainstorm ideas with a diverse group and work together to come up with a final concept
- Has a keen awareness of the story ideas that members will want to dive into – and can tap into a diverse network of girl and adult members who can serve as sources or writers for magazine articles
- Loves Guiding and how it helps girls to be everything she wants to be
- Experience in communications, writing or storytelling, content development, or similar considered an asset but not necessary
- The committee’s work is largely done via email and teleconference.
- The Editorial Committee meets three times a year via teleconference to plan the Winter, Spring and Fall issues of the magazine.
- The term for this position is three years
Note: You can check out recent issues of Canadian Guider online at: https://issuu.com/girlguidesofcanada
Application deadline: Thursday, January 23 at 11:59 pm (EST).
Please complete the online application form.
Questions? Email Mary Vincent (firstname.lastname@example.org)