Volunteer at Girl Guides
Girl Guides offers girls and women the chance to make new friends, challenge themselves and put their ideas into action through an amazing range of activities.
When you volunteer with kids at Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC), you're playing a key role in providing girls aged 5-17 with the fun and the challenge of Guiding. You'll be their cheerleader and mentor as you help your girls develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Imagine the fun, the smiles and giggles, and all the confidence-building moments – that's what you're helping to create for the girls – and for yourself.
As a volunteer Guider, you'll help girls:
- Experience fun adventures in a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment
- Learn the skills that will help them confidently navigate their world
- Discover they can achieve more than they ever imagined
- Make a difference in the world
What's in it for you?
- Make a positive impact on the lives of girls in your community
- Opportunities to develop highly transferable skills such as leadership, communication and planning
- Access to member-only training
- Access to special events such as regional rallies, camping and international travel
- Grow your group of friends in a fun environment
Take the next step and start making an impact today!
There are a number of ways to volunteer in an administrative capacity at GGC. Work as a Treasurer or an Adviser (international travel, camping, program, public relations, communications, etc.) to help plan program delivery. Or work as a Commissioner, a leader for a provincial council/district/area.
For more information on ways to volunteer in your community, view our Volunteer Opportunities for Current Members in Québec or view National Volunteer Opportunities within the organization.
To learn more about the benefits of Guiding and how you can register, please call 1-800-565-8111 to speak to a membership representative.