Become a Girl Assistant in a younger unit
Volunteer as a Girl Assistant and boost your leadership skills. Girl Assistants are Guide, Pathfinder, or Ranger-aged girls who assist in units at least two branches below them.
As a Girl Assistant, you will strengthen your leadership skills by:
- Helping younger girls work together
- Planning and leading fun, exciting programming
- Adapting activities to meet the need of girls in your unit while balancing different personalities and interests
This year, there are some exciting new tools to help you along the way:
- A new Girl Assistant T-Shirt
- New support documents for both Guiders and girls
- Tons of great leadership resources added to the Girls First platform
- Certificate of appreciation, plus recognition as you earn awards
Talk to a Guider or adult member if you’re interested in becoming a Girl Assistant. They can help you find a unit to volunteer with, get registered with that unit, and connect with that Unit Guider to have a fantastic year as a Girl Assistant.
***New:*** Girl Assistant Placement Tool – Pilot for Atlantic Provinces
Are you from New Brunswick & PEI, Newfoundland & Labrador, or Nova Scotia? Do you want to become a Girl Assistant? We have a new, online tool that helps girl members find younger units to volunteer with.
We hope to launch this tool next year for girls all across Canada!
Check it out