Location –180 Duncan Mill Road, Toronto
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself
and be everything she wants to be. As GGC moves into a new era of financial management across the country we are seeking candidates who will embrace the opportunity to evolve this new way of work.
GGC is actively searching for an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager will play a key role in managing the operational accounting of a nation-wide shared services platform. You likely have at least five years of experience in a senior accounting role that involves leading a team, managing accounting operations, and experience with accounting specific to the non-profit sector. This position will report into the Director, Finance.
The Accounting Manager will:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of GGC’s accounting team, including A/P and A/R processes.
- Facilitate monthly close and internal reports for nation-wide needs.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate financial results to stakeholders at all levels of financial literacy and at all levels of the organization.
- Play a key role in audit fieldwork.
- Ensure process documentation and internal control framework remains applicable and up to date.
- Manage the integrity and structure of accounting recognition related to online registration, charitable contributions, and merchandising.
- Ensure policy compliance, accuracy and timeliness of journal entries, and cash flow management.
- Manage compliance with tax filings, including monthly indirect tax fillings and T3010 Registered Charity Information Return for all business segments.
- Assist the Director, Finance with the development of financial policies and procedures.
You are the model candidate if you:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a managerial capacity in finance department.
- Hold a professional accounting designation CPA or CGA or CMA.
- Have a post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Have strong knowledge of GAAP requirements specific to the non-profit sector.
- Have experience in managing and motivating a diverse team of accounting staff to achieve optimum performance.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have working knowledge on Sage.
- Have demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, advanced Excel.
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- Have working experience with a Non-Profit organization is an asset.
This position will include occasional travel and weekend work for meetings.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations by 5:00 p.m. June 1st, 2020 to:
Leisa McKenzie – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Formal interviews will take place via web platform.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
If you have any questions regarding recruitment please reach out to one of our Employee Experience Business Partner: Leisa McKenzie firstname.lastname@example.org