Canadian Guider magazine is looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic adult member to join our Editorial Committee as Chair. You’ll be play a leading role in the team that develops stories and content ideas for each issue of the magazine. This is a unique opportunity to combine your creativity, interest in content development and storytelling, and passion for collaborating with other volunteers and Rangers, all while working on a highlyvalued re-source for members.
As a the Chair of the Canadian Guider magazine Editorial Committee, you’ll be doing things like:
- Working with the other members of the Editorial Committee (GGC adult members, Ranger and staff) in the development of relevant, practical and inspirational content ideas for each issue of Canadian Guider
- Pitching the kinds of story ideas that Rangers and Guiders will want to read
- Helping develop content ideas that:
- Provide practical ideas and tips for girl-driven programming and the kind of activities girls want to do
- Showcase the ways that Guiding makes a positive impact on girls and women
- Address issues relevant to Rangers and Guiders and their involvement in Guiding
- Support members in making the most of their Guiding experience
- Making sure the magazine truly reflects the interests and concerns of girls and women in Guiding
- Ensuring the magazine reflects a diverse range of voices and experiences within Canadian Guiding
- Ensuring the magazine reflects the strategic direction, goals and activities of the organization, particularly with a focus on girl-driven Guiding.
Who would make an ideal Chair of the Canadian Guider Editorial Committee? Someone who:
- Loves to brainstorm ideas with a diverse group and work together to come up with a final concept
- Ability to work with a team, chair meetings, share findings and contribute to the overall goals of the team
- Experience in a volunteer leadership role in Guiding either on a committee or council group is considered an asset
- Has a keen awareness of the story ideas that members will want to dive into – and can tap into a diverse network of girl and adult members who can serve as sources or writers for magazine articles
- Understanding of the kinds of content that will support Guiders and Rangers in their Guiding journey and in contributing to girl-driven experiences for girls
- Experience in communications, writing or storytelling, content development, or similar considered an asset but not necessary
- The committee’s work is largely done via email and teleconference.
- The Editorial Committee meets three times a year via teleconference to plan the Winter, Spring and Fall issues of the magazine.
- The term for this position is three years
Note: You can check out recent issues of Canadian Guider online at: https://issuu.com/girlguidesofcanada
Application deadline: Thursday, January 23 at 11:59 pm (EST)
Please complete the online application form.
Questions? Email Mary Vincent (email@example.com)