For girls ages 5 to 6
Sparks usually meet once a week for an hour
In Sparks, girls are encouraged to try a bit of everything and begin discovering their individual skills, talents and interests. Girls will make lots of new friends, start earning badges and begin to learn all kinds of new skills in a safe and fun atmosphere.
Sample activities may include:
- Discovering the community through outings to places such as a fire station, a farmer's market or a neighbourhood landmark
- Exploring the arts by making multi-dimensional collages or creating a dance
- Learning about bike safety
- Having fun preparing simple, healthy snacks
- Discovering the outdoors on a nature scavenger hunt
- Having sleepovers or going to a weekend camp
The Sparks Uniform
The versatile Sparks uniform – T-shirt, navy cargo pants, badge sash, reef knot pin and tie – allows girls to participate in the wide range of activities that Guiding is all about, from planting trees in a community garden and volunteering at their local food bank to canoeing down a river or discussing community safety with local politicians.
Buy a Sparks Uniform
Girls in Sparks earn badges, crests and other awards in recognition for the leadership skills they’ve developed, the new adventures they’ve tried and the service they’ve given to their community. Sparks wear their badges on their uniform badge sash.