Provincial Cookie Adviser: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girl Guides are excited to offer a great Canadian Cookie Tradition !
Chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies are available from April 1 to June 30.
Chocolately mint cookies are available from October 1 to December 31.
GIRL GUIDE COOKIES – THE FUEL THAT MAKES GUIDING GO!
Cookies sell for $5. a box or $60. a case (12 boxes)
Cookies are available while quantities last.
Girl Guides across Saskatchewan will be in their neighbourhoods selling cookies that taste
better than ever. Look for Girl Guides selling door-to-door or around local communities all across Canada.
Looking for Girl Guide Cookies because you missed the girl members?
Call 1-877-694-0383 or 306-757-4102
email Provincial Office
or drop by 200-1530 Broadway Avenue
Girl Guide cookies are the official fundraiser of Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada. All money raised through cookies sales support girls and women in Guiding by:
- Helping us provide diverse & exciting programs & activities.
- Allowing girls the chance to discover new interests, learn valuable leadership skills & making lasting friendships
- Assisting girls & leaders to attend camps & events
- Provinding training & support for Guiding leaders
In addition to raising funds for Guiding programs, cookie selling allows girls to have fun while learning and practicing useful life skills such as:
- planning and goal setting,
- communication and sales,
- safety awareness,
- problem-solving and decision making,
- money and time management,
- courtesy, customer service
- most importantly, community involvement.
Girls may also challenge themselves by setting personal cookie-selling goals that will help them to recognize the rewards of hard work and dedication.
HOW THE COOKIE CRUMBLES
Check out the Saskatchewan Provincial Cookie Fundraising Incentive below.
Check out the National Cookie All Stars Incentive
Consumer Questions & Comments about our cookie products, please direct to:
1-800-507-7564 or email cookies(@)girlguides(dot)ca.
There’s a Tasty History Behind Girl Guide Cookies & it all began in Saskatchewan!
In 1927, Hendrica Riepsamen wanted to go camping with her Girl Guide Company. They needed money for travel and food, so her mother, Christina (Chris), who was a Guide Captain, baked cookies, bagged them, one dozen to a bag, and gave them to Hendrica (Henny) & the other Guides in the Newlands Own Girl Guide Company #4 to sell to Regina friends, family and neighbors for 10 cents a gag. This was the start of the tradition of Girl Guice Cookies in Canada Chris and Hendrica became involved with Girl Guides because Chris wanted “her daughter to see and recognize beauty everywhere” and so camping became a big part of their lives. Chris was a Guider for 21 years; her daughter, grandaughter and great-granddaughters were all associated with Girl Guides and Hendrica was very proud of the way in which her mother always made sure there was enough money to take their Guide Company camping.
Christina Riespman’s 1927 Girl Guide Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter 1 cup sugar 3 Eggs
2 tablespoons cream, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon ground cardamon
3 or more cups flour to make a soft dough
- Cream butter & sugar, Beat in eggs and cream
- Combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom and flour
- Sift dry into wet ingredients and mix into dough.
- Roll and cut, using a small floured glass or cookie cutter
- Sprinkle with sugar, then bake at moderate heat, until done.
Enjoy with a Glass of Milk!