Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. The Web Analyst will be part of the Marketing and Communications department at GGC-GduC that services various areas of the organization including both internal (members) and external (potential members) communications. The team has various Subject Matter Experts specializing in content creation for web, social media, marketing, strategic communications and email communications, working collaboratively to serve the organization's communications needs.
GGC-GduC is actively searching for a Web Analyst.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
As the Web Analyst, you will lead the creation and posting of web content, provide website maintenance, technical guidance and oversight for website projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams across the organization. You will also implement web application projects and be the liaison with project vendor(s) and the bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization. You will develop and design web content that optimizes web design and user experience requirements, ensuring web content tells a compelling story about GGC-GduC to parents, members, volunteers, donors and the public, while providing essential information about the organization.
The Web Analyst will:
- Oversee maintenance of websites ensuring all web content is consistent with user experience best practices, brand standards and web accessibility compliance standards like Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Provide website technical guidance and leadership to other departments as needed.
- Provide project updates and statuses to client departments and senior leadership.
- Coordinate with media agencies to optimize web applications for digital marketing e.g., Google Marketing Tools.
- Analyze new applications and upgrades/enhancements and provide recommendations.
- Work with internal clients to translate their information and communication needs into engaging web content.
- Bring an inclusive user-experience lens to all work, ensuring web content aligns with the needs of those coming to girlguides.ca.
- Apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
You are the model candidate if you have:
- A post-secondary education in Computer Science, Web Development, Information Technology, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of hands-on Web Development experience.
- Basic knowledge of back-end technologies i.e., C#, PHP, Node.JS, Angular.
- Experience working with Drupal, WordPress and at least one .NET CMS platform.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, AdWords and Search Console, SERP ranking and overall data analytics on the user journey.
- Proven productivity and collaboration computer skills including Microsoft O365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint Online, Teams and Planner), Visual Studio, PhotoShop, SurveyGizmo, Survey Monkey, and online Forms.
- Experience with project management across the full project lifecycle working with various cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for web development like User Experience Design (UX/UI), and AODA, cross-browser compatibility, mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to translate client's goals into inclusive & creative web content, with a focus on a seamless user experience.
- Work well within a team environment, including collaborating with client departments, designers, copywriters, social media coordinator, and other staff.
- Ability to identify and learn new skills to improve efficiencies.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Strong research, analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Effective decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work well with others as well as independently with a customer service focus.
- Experience with web accessibility testing tools e.g., WAVE, AChecker and WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
- Formal training in User Experience.
- Working experience with a non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with basic usability testing and QA processes.
- Experience with iMIS RiSE.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) by October 5, 2020 to:
Leisa McKenzie - Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada - Guides du Canada
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted and may be required to complete a skills test.