Getting Started Guide
New to the app? Follow these steps to get started:
- Download the app by tapping the icons below or visiting your app store (iTunes or Google Play Store) and searching for Girl Guides of Canada. Follow the prompts there.
- Open the app on your mobile device and login to your account.
Take a look around and familiarize yourself with the different sections of the app: Guiders, Resources, Registration, Opportunities and Account/My Profile.
- Guiders: Log in using the same credentials you use to get into Member Zone. This means your username will be your membership (iMIS) number or if you are an iMIS user, the username you use to log into the database.
- Parents: Log in using the same credentials you use to get into our online registration system to register your daughter. This means your username will be an email address.
Keep an eye out for updates:
- On iOS phones they are always visible at the bottom of the screen.
- On Android devices, you can swipe right from the left side of the screen at any time to see the menu and move to other sections.
- We are working on making the app even better, and will be releasing updates on a regular basis. Make sure app updates on your phone are turned on (see Q3 under Downloading the App section for instructions) or check your app store periodically for updates.
- We will make sure we let people know about the most important updates through GGC communications.
In a Guider account, you can:
- Add badges to your unit:
Set up meetings for your unit:
- Looking at the Badge Catalogue is a good place to start. Tap on a badge to read about it, and then the add (+) icon in the top right corner to add it to the profiles of girls in your unit. Core program badges have been added to your unit automatically.
- The My Unit Badges section shows you all of the badges that are being worked on or have been completed by any of the girls in your unit. In Girl Unit Rosters, you can see all of the badges an individual girl is working on through her profile.
- In My Unit Meetings, you can create a meeting by tapping add (+) icon in the top right corner.
- Once you give your meeting a title and location and press Save, you can choose badge activities to work on at that meeting.
- As soon as you check off a girl in the Attendance section, the badge activities listed for that meeting will be checked off in that girl’s profile (even if the meeting time has not passed yet). But if you un-check a girl in the attendance, the activities will not be un-checked in her profile.
- Parents can see but not change badge and meeting info Guiders input. Parents cannot see notes added in the Girl Unit Rosters section (only other adult members can see those).
- Let parents know you have started using the app to track badges and meetings for their girls. Go to Girl Unit Rosters and select one of the three email options at the top of the screen (iOS) or tap the three dots icon in the top right corner to see email options (Android).
In a parent account, you can:
- Browse the Badge Catalogue:
View your daughter’s badges and awards:
- Tap on a badge to read the requirements for earning it.
View your unit’s unit meetings/events:
- Tap on My Girl Badges or My Girl Awards to see the badges and awards your daughter is working on or has completed. Tap on a particular badge or award to see the activities she has completed.
- Tap on My Unit Meetings to see the meetings and events scheduled for your unit.
- For each meeting, you can see the time and location details as well as badge activities that will be completed at that meeting.