There are no career opportunities at this time.
Please check this page regularly for new opportunities.
Project Coordinator, Member Experience
at National Office
Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada (GGC) is a leading organization for girls facilitating personal development and leadership. Through challenging and stimulating opportunities, we fulfill our Mission to enable girls to be confident, resourceful and courageous, and to make a difference in the world.
Do you excel at organizing timelines and tasks for large teams and projects? Are you detail oriented with excellent multitasking skills? Are you a naturally diplomatic and clear communicator with a passion for Girl-driven programming and stakeholder relations? Do you thrive in administrative roles?
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a Project Coordinator to support the roll out of GGC's new approach to national Girl-driven programming: Girls First, as well as other administrative needs. Reporting to the Director, Member Experience, you will coordinate this highly dynamic, complex and consultative national project and will have excellent online and in-person communications skills to ensure the project details run smoothly and on-time.
- Coordinate with provinces and territories to set up group consultations and trainings with volunteers, Guiders, Girls, parents and staff throughout the project, taking care to organize all logistics
- Coordinate meetings and deadlines with all Girls First related vendors (technology, creative content, evaluation etc.) and manage payments and invoicing
- Provide support to Girls First team, including Coordinators, Managers, and Director, to keep project details on track and manage necessary resources
- Manage online project management software and other databases in order to support online consultation and project evaluation
- Contribute to, and at times lead, project meetings in order to drive results from various stakeholders
- Work as an integrated member of the Member Experience team, serving organizational needs as required both during Girls First project roll out and afterwards
- Prepare progress updates on assigned initiatives for inclusion in regular Girls First reports for National Board of Directors, Provincial Committee and others as required
- Postsecondary degree in related field
- At least 3 years' experience in administrative roles coordinating multiple stakeholder groups in a diplomatic fashion
- Proven experience coordinating a diverse set of stakeholders in many locations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Skilled at managing competing priorities concurrently with various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, with a fast-paced working style
- French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada)
- Experience working with girls and young women
- Experience with project management
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit or charitable sector
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding.
Submit resume and salary requirements by June 26, 2017 to:
Leisa McKenzie – Assistant, Human Resources
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada (GGC) recognizes and values the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore strives to ensure environments where girls and women from all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully. This commitment to inclusion means GGC's culture, programming, and practices encourage self-awareness and awareness of others; room for difference; and environments where girls and women feel safe, respected, supported, and inspired to reach their potential.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.