Lones is a flexible option for girls who are unable to attend regular meetings for a number of reasons such as distance, health, studies or busy schedule. As a Lone, girls can continue in Guiding by working long distance with a Guider. Lones can:
- Earn badges
- Do service projects
- Play games and participate in fun activities
- Take part in camps, trips and special events
Lones will receive regular packages by e-mail and regular mail and will have regular contact with their Guider.
You’re never alone when you’re a Lone!
How to register for Lones
To register for Lones in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Nova Scotia, please contact email@example.com for support.
To register for Lones in all other provinces, please visit our online registration website, and enter the following information in the postal code section of our unit finder tool
- Newfoundland and Labrador, enter A1A 0E8 in the postal code section (look for iMIS ID: 283808) to find the Lones unit
- New Brunswick or Prince Edward Island, enter E2J 2B2 in the postal code section (look for iMIS ID: 214455) to find the Lones unit
- Quebec, enter H4M 2N6 in the postal code section to find the Lones unit.
- Ontario and Nunavut, enter P0M 1K0 in the postal code section to find the Lones unit
- Alberta, Northwest Territories or Yukon, enter T5h 2Z6 in the postal code section to find a Lones unit (there are multiple to choose from)
- British Columbia, enter V7M 0E9 in the postal code section to find a Lones unit (there are multiple to choose from)
Whether it’s heading to camp, kayaking, building a shelter or cooking your own meal over an open fire, financial assistance is available to help girls access all the fun activities our organization has to offer.
The Elaine Hodgson Memorial Lone Guides Campership helps girls in Lones participate in outdoor adventures with their fellow Girl Guides
Lone Campership Application Form
Applications should be submitted two months prior to the application deadline for the camp or event girls wish to attend, if possible.
More about the Elaine Hodgson Memorial Lone Guides Campership
Elaine was the second President of the 1st Canadian Internet Trefoil Guild. When she passed away in 2008, Guild members decided they wanted to do something in her honour. A close friend of Elaine’s suggested the creation of a campership for available to Guiding’s Lone members, and the Elaine Hodgson Memorial Lone Guiding Campership was born.