For girls ages 12 to 14
Pathfinders meet once a week, usually for two hours
In Pathfinders, girls take the lead and become active in the causes they believe in. Pathfinders learn the value of teamwork while organizing their own events and outings and are encouraged to explore new interests in diverse areas such as photography and web design, engineering, community building, technology and more.
Your Pathfinder could experience these activities.
- Learning about healthy relationships and building self-esteem
- Creating eco-friendly decorating ideas for your personal space
- Having discussions about body image and the media
- Setting out on a rafting trip
- Taking an international trip
- Host a bridging night
- Leading activities for younger girls in Guiding
The Girl Guide uniform
The Girl Guide uniform is a simple, modern design – the stylish T-shirt or tunic is the only piece girls need.
Buy your Girl Guide uniform
I promise to do my best,
To be true to myself, my beliefs and Canada
I will take action for a better world
And respect the Guiding Law
Learn more about the program and how your Pathfinder can earn badges here
Pathfinders can go further by:
- Earning awards:
Community Service Award
- For more information on these Award opportunities, please check out the Awards page here.
- Become a Girl Assistant.
- Joining Trex
Trex is for girls 12 to 17 that focuses on camping and the outdoors. Trex is an innovative way to deliver Girl Guiding to more girls. Girls participate in programs that relate to a single activity or theme, such as camping, sports, travel or the arts. They do not earn badges and use only basic insignia. Girls can choose to be members of both a branch unit and a Trex unit.
- Joining the National Youth Council or a local committee or council.